Old 26-08-2014, 04:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
philgurr philgurr is offline

Default Plum tree

"Ophelia" wrote in message ...

Snip

Thank you. We did get a lot of bees - which I hadn't seen for a very long time - but
I think they were too late. I do have some apples (James Grieve) but not too many.
Down to weather do you suppose?

I am a beekeeper so no problem with pollinators. I just
didn't get any flowers!

Ahh that throws THAT theory out of the window then I didn't get any flowers at all
either. Was it exceptionally cold?

Hardly, the warmest winter in living memory and the bees started foraging
six weeks early. Not to do with cropping either, planted last year and the
first years flowers removed. Probably decided that it wasn't worth
producing any this year!

Ardmhor