Old 26-08-2014, 05:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Plum tree

With only a small garden, we decided that the space our Viccy was taking up
and how few Plums it produced, it was a waste of valuable space, so we
hooked it out and extended the Veg gardens. 'Extended the veg gardens',
someone will love that!!! Made "another" 6 ft by 4 ft raised bed from old
fence panels to sit alongside the other 'one'!!!

Enorma Runner Beans doing fantastic and thanks for those who have been in
contact with advice and comments, great aren't they? And after last night's
rain a superb crop today :-))

Mike

For those ex Royal Navy.
http://angelradioisleofwight.moonfru...ive/4574468641
7.30 – 8.00 pm Wednesday 27th August 2014
‘From the Crowe’s Nest’

"philgurr" wrote in message ...

"Ophelia" wrote in message

Snip

Thank you. We did get a lot of bees - which I hadn't seen for a very
long time - but I think they were too late. I do have some apples
(James Grieve) but not too many. Down to weather do you suppose?

I am a beekeeper so no problem with pollinators. I just
didn't get any flowers!

Ahh that throws THAT theory out of the window then I didn't get any
flowers at all either. Was it exceptionally cold?

Hardly, the warmest winter in living memory and the bees started foraging
six weeks early. Not to do with cropping either, planted last year and the
first years flowers removed. Probably decided that it wasn't worth
producing any this year!

Ardmhor