Old 27-08-2014, 02:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default What to do ...

When you're overrun with tomatoes ? Make Salsa ! Freeze some too , but I'm
only freezing the Roma's . Here's my recipe , made it up after looking at a
bunch of different ones online . I like it ...

Snag's Salsa
3 1/2 c tomatoes - I scalded & peeled them , then simmered them for about
5-6 minutes
1 medium onion , chopped fine
4 cloves garlic , also chopped fine
2 medium jalapenos , I scorched them over the stove burner and scraped the
skin off then - you guessed it -chopped them up fine .
3-4 sprigs cilantro , chopped fine
1 tbsp lime juice
1/2 tbsp salt or to taste

Add everything to the hot tomatoes , stir it all up and chill . Makes
about a quart .

This first batch is a little runny , I used slicers for most of the tomatoes
because we haven't been able to eat them all before they spoil . Next batch
will be all roma , they make a much thicker sauce . Feel free to tweak and
let us/me know how that goes . This salsa is medium-hot , some might use a
milder pepper or less .
--
Snag