Old 27-08-2014, 03:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Drew Lawson[_2_] Drew Lawson[_2_] is offline

Default What to do ...

In article
"Terry Coombs" writes:
When you're overrun with tomatoes ? Make Salsa ! Freeze some too , but I'm
only freezing the Roma's . Here's my recipe , made it up after lo

I'm tempted to make salsa, but that would just lead to eating more
chips, which I really should not do. (Suddenly, I have a craving.)

My plan/hope is more pasta sauce. I got 10 quarts canned a couple
weekends ago. (Must be a couple weeks, the burns are all healed.)
I'm hoping for a second round. The vines are looking good, but
most of the fruit is still green.

The first batch started as about 5.5 gallons of tomatoes, down to
about 18-19 quarts in the pots. The result was sauce with meat.
I'm hoping the next batch will yield enough for a meat portion (for
lasagna) and a non-meat portion (for pizza).

--
Drew Lawson And I know there's more to the story
I know I need to see more