Old 27-08-2014, 04:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_8_] Ophelia[_8_] is offline

Default Seeking advice on pruning these young apple trees

"Ophelia" wrote in message

This is where a photo would help, if poss. Promise to have another look
tomorrow and fill in anything I missed.

Will do. Thank you

Hi Spider

Here are some pics as promised:

apple
http://tinypic.com/m/i6kxms/3

The new shoots and branches are well below the fruiting top and there is a
big gap between both.

plum
http://tinypic.com/m/i6kxoi/3

Once again the new shoots are well below the main top

holly
http://tinypic.com/m/i6kxnr/3

This is one new shoot but there are others on the other side. This was the
most clear to show.

cotoneaster
http://tinypic.com/m/i6kxno/3

I suspect this is self explanatory I am not sure why the trunk grew
around like this! The wrapping on the side is there because my latest dog
decided it was a tasty place to chew!!!

Thanks for looking if you have the time, but if you haven't, don't worry

Ophelia

ooops forgot the hydrangea

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/