Old 27-08-2014, 08:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Runner Beans

On 27/08/2014 17:20, Roger Tonkin wrote:
I asked a while back about pinching out runner beans when they
reach the top of the poles. Opinion was fairly evenly divided.
Being lazy, I did not bother this year - BIG MISTAKE. The crop
is fantastic, with loads of flowers opening, and more to come -
but - plants are self supporting themselves upto about 10 ft
high! I must find my long handled prune to pick with

You could always leave some of the top ones for seed.