Old 29-08-2014, 03:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Seeking advice on pruning these young apple trees

On 28/08/2014 15:18, JD wrote:
"Ophelia" wrote in news:ltms4k$8ju$1@dont-
email.me:

Spider should write a book!

If you press her... Spider mite... boom-boom! ;-)

Groan! For your information, spider mites aren't true spiders (which of
course I am), but arachnids. All spiders are arachnids, but not all
arachnids are spiders. "spider mite", indeed! ;~)

If you're reading this, Spider, do you think I could switch my Tree No3
with Treem No.2? They have been in the ground less than six months. The
shapes that I can see forming would be ideal for their locations if I
switched their positions. Are apple trees of this age tolerant to being
replanted? I'm guessing their root system will still be 'dig-uppable'.

JD

I am reading this, Jake. After less than six months, you could
certainly move your trees *again* ... one last time. As I said in my
earlier reply to your other post, the mystery garden tour for your poor
trees is not helping them establish. If you really want to do it, wait
until November and do the deed then, but please make it the last time,
then keep on top of watering and nutrition for a couple of years so they
can settle down. You may even want to replant with one of these
micorrhyzal root growth products. Have a google and see what you think.
It's a very personal decision, not least because they're expensive.
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London