Old 30-08-2014, 01:33 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Watering young fruit trees

Hypatia Nachshon wrote:

This is about a Santa Rosa plum and a Blenheim Apricot.
Planted same time; about 4-5 years ago. I assumed that at that age they would be living on ground water, but gardener told me contrary today! Horrified! Mea Culpa! Mea Maxima Culpa! Is he right?!
Plum is healthy-looking; well leafed-out. Apricot no; looks puny; suckers galore.
I remove; they return.

Went on-line but nothing relevant to my question. They discuss baby trees but don't talk about watering 4-5 years old.

This is So Calif coastal. Anybody Up Here or Down There offer any wisdom?

Tx

If you're in CA why do you sign Tx?