Old 30-08-2014, 10:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Unusual trefoil

"Nick Maclaren" wrote .
Sacha wrote:

We've just been in the field and have found a trefoil with a black leaf
and small yellow flower like a lesser trefoil. The leaf has absolutely
no green on it whatsoever. There's only one small clump that we could
see. Naturally, I didn't have the camera with me but will take a photo
tomorrow. Does anyone have an inkling of which type of trefoil this
might be?

Did you look at the flower closely? The reason I ask is that I
have been caught out by oxalis before now, and there IS a dark
leaved variety of that!

Yes, we have Oxalis corniculata var. atropurpurea , some very deep
purple/red, infesting our garden and it's a devil to get rid of especially
in the block paving. I've now resorted to a flame gun. Unfortunately it's a
very common weed around these parts.

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.