Old 31-08-2014, 05:17 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default What to do ...

Fran Farmer wrote:
On 27/08/2014 11:31 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
When you're overrun with tomatoes ?

I just run excess tomatoes through the machine that takes off the skin
and pips and chucks it all off to one side and which leaves a slightly
thickened juice/pulp which comes out the other side. This I preserve
by bottling (canning in USian). It can then be used for a thousand
an one things (including cooking down to a pulp at some later stage)
but our favourite is to use it to make tomato soup in winter.

What is this machine called and who makes it?

--
David

A better world requires a daily struggle
against those who would mislead us.