Old 31-08-2014, 08:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Slug eats slug

On 30/08/2014 23:16, Judith in England wrote:

I salted a slug this afternoon on the garden path.

I was most surprised to see another couple of slugs eating it just now!!

Perhaps they were just having a meal off the slime rather than eating the body:
but they were definitely tucking in.

Never seen that before.

Quite normal.
If you squash a slug early evening you will often find its "Friends"
making a meal of it within a couple of hours.
They do the same if you squash it later, but I doubt you would go out in
the early hours to see it being eaten.
It does save having to clean up.
Also provides good bait, squash one early then you can squash the
feeders as well a bit later.