Old 31-08-2014, 07:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default What to do ...

On 8/29/2014 9:55 PM, Fran Farmer wrote:
On 27/08/2014 11:31 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
When you're overrun with tomatoes ?

I just run excess tomatoes through the machine that takes off the skin
and pips and chucks it all off to one side and which leaves a slightly
thickened juice/pulp which comes out the other side. This I preserve by
bottling (canning in USian). It can then be used for a thousand an one
things (including cooking down to a pulp at some later stage) but our
favourite is to use it to make tomato soup in winter.

I've had a tomato screen for our food sieve for years, never have got to
use it. See other post in regard to critters. Maybe, one day, sometime,
it will happen. In the meantime lots of blackberries, pears, etc. have
gone through the food mill.

George