Old 31-08-2014, 11:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith in England Judith in England is offline

Default Slug eats slug

On Sun, 31 Aug 2014 17:53:25 +0100, David Hill
wrote:

On 31/08/2014 10:22, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 31 Aug 2014 09:21:15 +0100, Judith in England
wrote:

On Sun, 31 Aug 2014 09:03:00 +0100, "'Mike'"
wrote:

Interesting thread because when we see a slug in the gardens, especially on
the slab path/patio or in a gavel area, we pour boiling water on them 'for
the Frog's supper' and sure enough in the morning no trace. However the
slugs could have had the supper then?

Mike

Ah - now that sounds much better than salt.

My partner asked me last week - why was there a circular dead patch of grass
on the lawn. I commented that it was where they had recently salted a slug.
Since then I have been wary of the salt water/slime solution running off the
path on to the flower bed.

Boiling water sounds like a better plan.

Beer in a saucer works better.

What a load of wimps!
Salt.
Boiling Water.
Beer.

Just get the slug in your hand with its head in the crook of your fore
finger then remove the head with your thumb. as if you were going to
flick a cherry stone.
If you are to squeamish for that just squish them under foot. That way
they are nicely spread for their friends to share later.
David @ a now sunny side of Swansea Bay.

You missed off:

And then wash your hands in Swarfega to remove the slime from them.