Old 01-09-2014, 11:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_8_] Ophelia[_8_] is offline

Default !! Pics of trees for Spider (ivy)

"Spider" wrote in message
On 01/09/2014 17:24, Ophelia wrote:

"Spider" wrote in message

On 2014-09-01 11:43:44 +0000, Ophelia said:

"Ophelia" wrote in message

The only things I tie up are my climbers. Roses, clematis,
honeysuckle
and a broad leaf ivy. I can't remember its name

Could the ivy be Hedera colchica, or a cultivar of same?

I don't know but I will take a photo for you. It has a large
leaf, not
at all like the smaller leaved ones I have in other places.

Here is a pic of my ivy.

http://tinypic.com/m/i6xuvq/3

Paddy's Pride? We have it on a wall of the house and it's a large leaf
variety.

I will take your word for it. I have no idea!

Well, Hedera 'Paddy's Pride' is another name for Hedera colchica
'Sulphur Heart', and it certainly looks like yours. So I can be
pleased I got the colchica bit, and Sacha can be pleased she got the
cultivar. Under the name of 'Sulphur Heart', it is very widely
available which increases the likelihood.

Probably) Does it require any special attention or is it easy to
take care of. It seems to have done ok left to its own devices so
far)

I thought I'd read that H.colchica types were less hardy than our H.
helix. However, if yours is thriving in Scotland, then you can just sit
back and enjoy it. If you get a hard winter and it is damaged, simply cut
out the damage. I think that's all you need do.

Thanks, Spider! I have some ivy which grow up my shed Very small leaf.
I could take a pic but I think I have overloaded you with pics by now

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/