Old 02-09-2014, 07:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tahiri Tahiri is offline

Default Skin stuff

Whenever the question of insect repellant arises, in this and other
newsgroups, Avon skinsosoft is usually recommended. On looking at Avon's
online shop they appear to have several products under this name. Which
one
or doesn't it matter?

Against what? Against the wimpish insects that occur over most of
the UK, anything will do. Against Scottish midges, DTE (Jungle
Formula etc.) has some effect. Against the nastier insects you
get in the tropics, DMP has some effect, but you can't get it any
longer.

Realistically, the best defence is to cover up, not forgetting
midge masks etc. and the fact that mosquitoes etc. can bite through
thin clothing.

I am not sure what we are targeting Nick. Something very very small that is
only in our rural garden (worse in the outbuildings) for a few weeks in
summer. I suspect mice fleas or something like that.