Old 03-09-2014, 08:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default Skin stuff

On 9/2/2014 5:37 PM, Sacha wrote:

Nick, it really isn't wimpish to want protection from English
mosquitoes. One of my daughters has a horrible reaction to mosquito
bites and ended up on abtibiotics only a month ago. This not the first
time for her, either. In past years she's ended up with eyes swollen
almost shut. Not everyone can shrug things off so lightly. My stepson
has had several horsefly bites with no more than discomfort, another
member of our team had to go to hospital with just one. As far as Skin
So Soft is concerned, it's effective. If Canadian lumberjacks use it -
and I'm told, reliably, that they do, why would you mock someone for
wanting to protect themselves from discomfort or worse? Not everyone
wants to test Tsetse fly protection to destruction in the gardens of
England.

The manager of the sheep farm across the road from me, claims that
Skin-So-Soft works very well, but wears off quickly and must be
reapplied frequently. The midges here are truly vicious.