Old 03-09-2014, 02:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_8_] Ophelia[_8_] is offline

Default e: !! Pics of trees for Spider (ivy)

"Spider" wrote in message
On 02/09/2014 21:06, Ophelia wrote:

"Spider" wrote in message
On 02/09/2014 17:59, Ophelia wrote:

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Spider" wrote in message

I have not the smallest objection to looking at your ivy pic, or
indeed,
any other pic but simply may not recognise it. Go on .. have a go!

Did you see it? If you can't I am more than happy to pop out and take
another)

Oops are you referring to the small leaved ivy I mentioned???

Ok off to take a pic ...

http://tinypic.com/m/i6zbya/3

Best O

It looks like Hedera 'Gold Heart' with some reversion, ie reverting
reverting to the plain green type.

That sounds nice) Yes, it does have plain leaves and some with pretty
yellows. Does it need any special treatment?

You can treat it just like any other ivy. However, if you choose to, you
could cut out all the reversion and keep just the Gold Heart leaves, but
you'd be at it forever! I gave up trying ages ago. I've had H.'Gold
Heart' in my garden for about 30yrs and it still produces both types of
leaf. The choice is yours.

No, I am with you I never planted it and don't know where it came from.
I am happy enough with it as is It is doing well actually because I
hauled it all off when I painted the shed and it has gone back up again

Thanks for checking it out!

Best

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/