Old 03-09-2014, 02:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
philgurr philgurr is offline

Default Skin stuff

"Janet" wrote in message
t...
In article ,
lid says...

On Wed, 03 Sep 2014 03:26:39 -0400, S Viemeister
wrote:

The manager of the sheep farm across the road from me, claims that
Skin-So-Soft works very well, but wears off quickly and must be
reapplied frequently. The midges here are truly vicious.

It's a subject of Snopes

http://www.snopes.com/oldwives/skeeters.asp

That's about mosquitoes.

Scottish midges are an entirely different insect species which IME are
deterred by Avon skinsosoft exactly as Sheila said.

Agreed, we are not talking about American mosquitos - we are
talking about Scottish Midges!

Ardmhor