Old 03-09-2014, 09:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default How to prune an old apple tree

On 27/08/2014 13:50, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 26/08/2014 21:35, Vir Campestris wrote:
We've had the one on pruning a young one. I've got one that's perhaps
25ft tall (which is making picking ... interesting... ) and also has a
nice woodpecker hole in the trunk.

Is there any chance of me getting it back to something sensible so I can
get fruit (which are BTW quite nice) or should I just give up and stew
windfalls?

https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?pid=279

That's not clear to me. Water shoots - if I leave them will they
eventually bear fruit?

Andy