Old 05-09-2014, 10:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bigus[_2_] Bigus[_2_] is offline

Default Aubergine leaves have brown deposits on!

Hi

I have 4 aubergine plants in my greenhouse. They are not doing badly,
although no fruit is forming yet, there are plenty of flowers. A couple
of leaves have been nibbled and indeed I found one of the culprits
yesterday munching away - a 1" green caterpillar.

However, the strange thing is that on top of many of the leaves are lots
of dry brown pellets. Yes, I can imagine what they could be(!), but some
of them are like 2-3mm in diameter and there are loads of them scattered
over most of the leaves, not just the nibbled ones.

Are they really all caterpillar droppings? The 2-3mm one must be a big
caterpillar and they must spend alot of time roaming over the plants!

Bigus