Old 05-09-2014, 08:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Aubergine leaves have brown deposits on!

On 05/09/2014 19:59, Bigus wrote:
On 05/09/2014 14:18, Derek Turner wrote:
On Fri, 05 Sep 2014 10:06:23 +0100, Bigus wrote:

Are they really all caterpillar droppings? The 2-3mm one must be a big
caterpillar and they must spend alot of time roaming over the plants!

Bigus

Could they eggs? Soon to be more caterpillars?

Crikey, I hope not. I originally thought they were seeds that had
somehow blown in but strange they only seem to be on the leaves

If those are butterfly or moth eggs then the insect must be the size of
a blackbird, you just might have seen it around.
But seriously if they were eggs then they would be on the underside of
the leaves and attached.
Some large caterpillar do wander at night and then drop to the ground in
the day time.