Old 08-09-2014, 06:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Almost vanished

On 08/09/2014 17:49, Bob Hobden wrote:
"David Hill" wrote

I don't know what has happened, from having a mass of birds on the
feeders suddenly yesterday there were almost none, I saw less birds on
them yesterday than I had been seeing in 15 mins. today is the same,
it's almost as if they have all migrated, but Tits etc. just don't do
that.
Anyone else had the same?

Probably a Hawk around, happened to us and then one landed in the garden
clutching a hapless pigeon.

A sparrow hawk is permanent, it buzzes the feeder 2 or 3 times a day and
normally the birds are back in 2 or 3 minutes.
I have been feeding anything up to 200 birds a day, so this sudden lack
of birds is strange.