Old 09-09-2014, 02:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sacha sacha is offline

Default Almost vanished

On 2014-09-08 10:53:33 +0000, CT said:

David Hill wrote:

I don't know what has happened, from having a mass of birds on the
feeders suddenly yesterday there were almost none, I saw less birds
on them yesterday than I had been seeing in 15 mins. today is the
same, it's almost as if they have all migrated, but Tits etc. just
don't do that. Anyone else had the same?

Not quite as dramatic as that, but certainly inr the last few weeks my
feeders have lasted a week before being emptied whereas prior to that I
was filling them up pretty much every day.

It's much the same here. I put it down to autumn coming early so seed
heads are available, farmers have harvested, so fields can be gleaned
by birds etc.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com