Old 11-09-2014, 08:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
bert bert is offline

Default Slug nematodes

In message , David Rance
writes
On Thu, 11 Sep 2014 09:05:57 David Hill wrote:

Just a thought
Do Slug nematodes have any effect on snails?

Well, I think so. We tried nematodes this year as we've had an invasion
of both slugs and snails in our garden for years, eating away at and
destroying my wife's favourite bedding plants. In previous years we've
tried egg shells, nut shells, etc., with no effect. Since introducing
nematodes the plants have survived pretty well.

This is by no means a scientific answer to your question as I couldn't
swear that both slugs and snails have suffered from the nematodes but I
am inclined to think that they were.

David

There were some dead snails on the beds where I used the nematodes this
year.
--
bert