Old 12-09-2014, 11:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Slug nematodes

"David Hill" wrote ...

Just a thought
Do Slug nematodes have any effect on snails?

Do they have any effect of slugs? We tried them once, we bought a seasons
treatment and had to water them onto our potato bed every few weeks, but
unfortunately what they don't tell you before you buy is that you have to
keep the soil moist, impossible here as we aren't allowed to use a hose on
our allotment site and we also seem to be a dry spot rain wise. So the
result was £25 down and still slug damage. Been cheaper to buy bags of
organic spuds.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.