Old 13-09-2014, 08:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default another mole hill right near my house

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
overnight on Tuesday jumped me into activity. I've set the trap in the
tunnel. No luck so far..

It's now undermining my paving. It has to go. Sorry Mr Mole.

well, it's been sprung twice, no mole. No tunnel either now, it's been
blocked off, are they that intelligent to do this? Rats are.
Have moved the trap further down the garden today, although the molehiils
are older, the tunnels between them are better (and don't they wander around
their previous tunnels looking for worms that have fallen in to them?)
If I have no luck in a few weeks, I will ask advice from a pest controller,
but I'm unlikely to pay him to come, as he will just have a mole trap like
mine. Unless he is a mole-whisperer, eh?
Pest controllers make a whole lot of money from people who prefer to let
them do it.