Old 15-09-2014, 09:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] willoughby.p47@gmail.com is offline

Default Non Flowering Penstemon!

On Tuesday, August 28, 2001 10:04:08 PM UTC+1, Lynn Davies wrote:
Hi group I have been an reader for some time now but haven't had a question
for your good selves. Can anyone tell me why my penstemon hasn't flowered?
I pruned it in late April as per Alan T's instructions on Gardeners World..
I used the shoots on the offcuts to propagate new plants with a good measure
of success. Now the odd bit is the new plants are all in flower now but the
parent plant shows no sign of flowering at all! What did I do wrong or is
it possible that Alan 'God' Titchmarsh is giving out duff info!!!

Lynn (Magnolia)

I have a very healthy Sour Grapes penstemon but it has never flowered. It is a 3 year old plant and in a good sunny position. I have done everything possible for it (except sing to it!) but still no flowers. I will give it one more season but if I don't get flowers in 2015 then it will accompany me to the tip. However advice welcome. Paul