Old 15-09-2014, 11:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
indigo indigo is offline

Default another mole hill right near my house

On 15/09/2014 10:24, Martin wrote:
On Mon, 15 Sep 2014 10:09:21 +0100, Janet wrote:
In article ,

I lived in rural Devon for 28 years and never met a molecatcher.

When we lived on the Scottish mainland, the gamekeeper up the road had
it as a busy sideline at golfcourses. I used him too as the area was
heavily infested and he was more effective than all other DIY methods
put together. My son in England also lives next door to a fulltime
rural pest controller, including molecatching.

Has he got a degree in agriculture like the one in Whitby has?

Goodness. Do people need degrees to be pest controllers now?
The old molecatcher who used to periodically deal with moles in my
in-law's orchard probably didn't have much of a formal education, but
had the knack of catching the most elusive moles. He was also a keen
gardener and would usually bring M in L something in exchange for a few
plums or apples or chunk of apple pie. He grew the tastiest carrots I
ever remember eating.

--
Sue