Old 16-09-2014, 11:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Runner Beans

We will go with Enorma and in a raised bed as well. So far we have picked
over 25 lb off the few plants we have, we think 10 plants but we can't see
the stems because of the foliage. I suppose it also helps that we have a
Bee's nest in the shed very close by :-) Still picking and they are still
producing but slowing down a bit. Grew them last year and will grow them
again next year.

Does anybody else weigh off their crop?

Mike

For those ex Royal Navy.
http://angelradioisleofwight.moonfru...ive/4574468641
7.30 – 8.00 pm Wednesday 1st October 2014
‘From the Crowe’s Nest’
"Malcolm" wrote in message ...

In article , Judith in
England writes

I have grown Red Rum for a number of years - in a raised bed with plenty of
water !! They have always been heavy croppers and fantastic quality; this
year
was just the same.

Do others have favourites - as I think I will grow Red Run plus a different
sort next year; I would be interested in suggestions, favourites.

We grew Celebration and Enorma Elite last year and they did so well that
we chose them again this year and are currently picking a great crop.

--
Malcolm