Old 16-09-2014, 08:21 PM
Bigal Bigal is offline
Registered User

I have read of a way to make your own slug nematodes. One bucket with a cover to which is added 2 inches of water, a pile of greens edible to slugs, and about 20 slugs. Ensure sufficient greenery so that the slugs don't drown. If all the slugs have died within 3 weeks the chances are that it has been caused by nematodes. All you need is one slug to be infected with nematodes. Tip the water into a watering can and top up with water and use it to water your garden. I was thinking of giving it a try this year but I have breeding slow worms in my garden and I am not sure if nematode infected slugs in their diet could cause them any harm.