Old 16-09-2014, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Runner Beans

"Malcolm" wrote

Judith in England writes

I have grown Red Rum for a number of years - in a raised bed with plenty
of
water !! They have always been heavy croppers and fantastic quality; this
year
was just the same.

Do others have favourites - as I think I will grow Red Run plus a
different
sort next year; I would be interested in suggestions, favourites.

We grew Celebration and Enorma Elite last year and they did so well that we
chose them again this year and are currently picking a great crop.

Celebration, isn't that the one with peach coloured flowers, we grew that a
few years ago, good cropper, grew well. The Boss prefers white flowered
beans, says they are more tender, so we grow White Lady and Moonlight.
What we find is when we have a glut we can't get rid of runner beans to
neighbours, they all want French beans though.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.