Old 17-09-2014, 08:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ophelia[_8_] Ophelia[_8_] is offline

Default Runner Beans

"David Hill" wrote in message
On 17/09/2014 20:04, Ophelia wrote:
Has anyone grown 'Climbing French Bean Blue Lake' ?

I bought a pack of seeds yesterday.

Yes. It's OK, but not the best of the climbing blue beans, which
are our preferred ones. But the differences are small.

I prefer harvesting the blue beans, much easier to spot.

I much prefer french beans, each year we have less runners and more
French I think

Which Blue Bean do you grow?

Off topic slightly as my runners have been a disaster this year, the worst
I have EVER grown; or not grown;.
Searching for Killer whale beans I came across this site.
http://www.zursunbeans.com/beans/#hdr_beans
Some interesting things.
Taffy from the drought ridden side of Swansea Bay

That Is A Lot of Beans) I cook many of them but haven't grown them
Would the beans bought in the supermarket for cooking be viable for growing?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/