Old 18-09-2014, 03:54 PM
Yummy Plants Yummy Plants is offline
Registered User

Default Physalis, Cape Gooseberry, Tomatillo, Ground Cherry, Golden Berry

Hi all,

Can anyone help with this Physalis plant. It has recently gone from a lush bright green colour to having many mottled purple/brown leaves and purple stems. I have re-potted it today in a pot with better drainage but don't think this is really the problem.

It is the same variety as sold in shops in the UK with yellow sweet fruits inside the husks, not the purple variety that is also grown.

It feels to me like a virus and don't want it affecting my other plant I have bought since.

Any help much appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Physalis, Cape Gooseberry, Tomatillo, Ground Cherry, Golden Berry-physalis.jpg