Old 18-09-2014, 06:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default acceptance

George Shirley wrote:
Today we are being truly blessed, since yesterday afternoon we have
received four inches of beautiful rain. All the plants are perked up,
the retention pond behind our home is getting full again. Maybe able to
nab a few bull frogs when the rain stops if the picky neighbors don't
see me out there with my headlight and frog gig.

"tastes like chicken"

haha, do you have water wings in case you
fall in?

we get some rather large frogs that come into
the gardens along the large drainage ditch. these
could probably eat a mouse...

Just think, "Free Water," beats a big water bill at this time of year.

glad to hear you're getting enough rains
down there. also glad to hear about the other
rains in the Southwest from Odile, but i don't
know if those will do much good in terms of
irragation or water supplies for the large
cities. still if it takes some pressure off
ground water pumping from wells that will be a
help.

songbird