Old 18-09-2014, 08:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris French Chris French is offline

Default Runner Beans

In message , Ophelia
writes

"David Hill" wrote in message
On 17/09/2014 20:04, Ophelia wrote:
Has anyone grown 'Climbing French Bean Blue Lake' ?

I bought a pack of seeds yesterday.

Yes. It's OK, but not the best of the climbing blue beans, which
are our preferred ones. But the differences are small.

I prefer harvesting the blue beans, much easier to spot.

I much prefer french beans, each year we have less runners and more
French I think

Which Blue Bean do you grow?

Off topic slightly as my runners have been a disaster this year, the
worst I have EVER grown; or not grown;.
Searching for Killer whale beans I came across this site.
http://www.zursunbeans.com/beans/#hdr_beans
Some interesting things.
Taffy from the drought ridden side of Swansea Bay

That Is A Lot of Beans) I cook many of them but haven't grown them
Would the beans bought in the supermarket for cooking be viable for
growing?

Yeah,should be, as long as reasonably freshly purchased, not sitting in
the cupboard for years and years (as long as they aren't things like
split peas).

Though not all will be suitable for growing in the UK. But you can
always sprout them, lots of beans sprouted are nice.
--
Chris French