Old 19-09-2014, 04:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pat Kiewicz[_2_] Pat Kiewicz[_2_] is offline

Default Physalis, Cape Gooseberry, Tomatillo, Ground Cherry, Golden Berry

Yummy Plants said:
Hi all,

Can anyone help with this Physalis plant. It has recently gone from a
lush bright green colour to having many mottled purple/brown leaves

and
purple stems. I have re-potted it today in a pot with better drainage
but don't think this is really the problem.

|Filename: physalis.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php

attachmentid=16169|

Purpling leaves in solanaceous veggies (tomatoes, peppers, Physalis)
can be phosphorous, pH, or temperature related.

But there is also a bit of leaf mottling which would make me get
out a hand lens to check for spider mites.

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."

email valid but not regularly monitored