Old 20-09-2014, 04:38 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default Fall salad greens

Wish me luck , this year for the first time I've planted fall crops of
lettuce , bok choy , and spinach and we have great germination ... all from
seeds I saved this summer . I just sprinkled a few seeds over an area and
raked them in . Hopefully I'll have time to get some garlic planted this
weekend . Should be just time for it to get established before a hard freeze
..
Oh , and for someone who pickles , how long do I need to leave my cayennes
in the brine before trying them ? I used a basic brine of 2/3c each vinegar
and distilled water plus a teaspoon of pickling salt (for one pint jar). No
spices this time , but maybe later ...
--
Snag