Old 22-09-2014, 12:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Vitex agnus-castus - fragrant?

"Jeff Layman" wrote in message
Put this in a few months ago and it is doing well. It is about 80 cm high
and flowering well - an attractive plant at this time of year. But the
books refer to it as being fragrant, and I can detect no scent whatsoever.

Has anyone else got this in flower at present, and, if so, does it have a
scent?

--

Jeff

All I have are buds! this despite the best summer in years, but this is the
first year its got as far as having buds so maybe one day. bought mine after
seeing the huge one at Wisley and hearing Sacha rave about theirs.

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs