Old 25-09-2014, 10:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Slug eats slug

On 25/09/2014 18:33, david wrote:
On 25/09/2014 12:55, Spider wrote:
On 25/09/2014 09:09, Malcolm wrote:

In article , Judith in
England writes

I salted a slug this afternoon on the garden path.

I was most surprised to see another couple of slugs eating it just
now!!

Perhaps they were just having a meal off the slime rather than eating
the body:
but they were definitely tucking in.

Never seen that before.

Several species are carnivores and will eat other slugs.

I saw what appeared to be 2 slugs feeding on a snail the other day.
What's more, my impression was that the snail was still alive.

Just 2 mollusk bailiffs trying to evict a non payer.

LOL! Nice one.
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London