Old 26-09-2014, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default That old chestnut .. and spiders

On 26/09/2014 18:49, Ophelia wrote:

"Spider" wrote in message
Having dotted a few conkers (horse chestnuts) around the house to
deter the spider Pholcus phalangioides, and noting that not much has
changed, should I be using sweet chestnuts instead? Does anyone here
know?

We seem to be plagued with Pholcus spiders which make lots of messy
web and in hard-to-reach places. When they're tiny, they're almost
impossible to see then, suddenly, they're everwhere I look.

I know chestnut oil based sprays are on the market, but would prefer
to use the free fruit if possible. Well, I do come from Yorkshire! ;~).

Spider!!!! Surely tha's not saying us Yorkshire folk are tight?????

Nay, lass. We just don't have the inate generosity of the Scots, that's
all ;~)).
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London