Old 28-09-2014, 02:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Hedges cutting timing advice

In article ,
says...

I have extensive hedging which Father Time has decreed I need to get
someone to cut it for me.
I have just had it extensively cut, now I plan to get it trimmed twice a
year so that it is kept reasonably tidy. The hedges are holly, beech and
hawthorn, with odds and ends mixed in.
When would be the best months to have it cut, to keep it tidy and under
control?

Autumn /winter, when no birds are nesting in it, and you will get the
longest "neat effect" before it starts growing again.

Janet