Old 02-10-2014, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
david david is offline

Default Public gardens

On 02/10/2014 17:10, Christina Websell wrote:
"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
If you visit places with gardens as we do occasionally, and did this week,
and you see some strange even plain wrong planting do you chat to the
gardeners about it?
By wrong I mean ferns in full sun and potentially huge trees, Robinia
pseudoacacia, planted almost next to the building.

That's a difficult one. If the gardeners were around and looked friendly, I
might say "is there a reason why you did that..?" and see what they say.
Then go from there.
It's kind of like accusing someone of being a bad parent, very delicate to
approach.

Just remember that plants don't read the books that we do.