Old 02-10-2014, 08:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_3_] Pam Moore[_3_] is offline

Default Shrubs half dead

On Thu, 2 Oct 2014 20:50:52 +0100, "Simon T"
wrote:

OK, got another couple of questions for you.

About 5 years ago I planted a couple of little bushes/shrubs in one of my
borders.

I forget what sort they were, but the first one, although it was a slow
grower, seems to have not grown at all. Looks rather unhealthy and has dead
bits on.

I did pull back the gravel and put a bit of compost round the roots earlier
this year, but hasn't done much good. Heres a pic of the first...

http://tinyurl.com/l2syret

The second bush/shrub does seem to have grown. But looks rather sparse and
also has dead bits on it.

http://tinyurl.com/mmtok8t

I know its getting into autumn, but they don't look much better in the
summer.

Clearly they're not very happy, anything I can do to try and improve their
look?

Thanks in advance!

Ji Simon
You don't say where you live but we have had a very dry summer and I
think they could just be in need of a drink. Rain is forecast but if
they were mine I'd give then a jolly good soak.
I'll leave it to those with better eyesight than mine to give you
names.
Nice Autumn colours and they don't look too bad.
Pam near Bristol