Old 02-10-2014, 11:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Public gardens

"Sacha" wrote

Bob Hobden said:

If you visit places with gardens as we do occasionally, and did this
week, and you see some strange even plain wrong planting do you chat to
the gardeners about it?
By wrong I mean ferns in full sun and potentially huge trees, Robinia
pseudoacacia, planted almost next to the building.

Tis might interest you, Bob. The editor of this site believes firmly that
gardens open to the public are as open to criticism as a work of art would
be.
http://thinkingardens.co.uk/articles...peak-its-name/

Interesting, however I was not questioning the asthetics of the garden as
that is a personal thing, for example, I don't "get" Sissinghurst yet others
rave about it.
What I was thinking about was plants in the wrong places, places they will
not thrive in, and worse, places they simply should not be.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.