Old 08-10-2014, 10:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jim S Jim S is offline

Default Drying Hydrangeas

What are the current thoughts on drying hydrangea stems and flower heads
for use in flower arrangements? Years ago I dried something years with
glycerine and it was a sticky mess.
I have a common hydrangea (dwarfish) with three large heads which have
turned colour, some heads in full colour and some still green.
I am tempted to cut the large ones now, strip the leaves and let them dry
indoors (upright or inverted or does it not matter?). Then leave the others
until they reach the same stage - if they ever do. No frost up here on
Tyneside, but it cannot be long.
--
Jim S