Old 10-10-2014, 02:17 AM posted to rec.gardens
Hypatia Nachshon Hypatia Nachshon is offline

Default OT; RF headphones

On Tuesday, October 7, 2014 9:11:04 PM UTC-7, gregz wrote:
Hypatia Nachshon wrote:

Esteemed fellow gardeners, may I solicit your input on unrelated Subject?

I am shopping for Sennheiser RF headphones to listen to TV (never mind multiple reasons!)

This ad on Amazon for RS 120 headphones is confusing:

"Sennheiser Urbanite

The new Urbanite headphones deliver intense club sound, serving up solid

bass with Sennheiser's uncompromising clarity through the entire

frequency range. Available in on-ear and over-ear versions in a variety

of colors to suit your style. Shop now"

Club, like disco. Loud exadurated bass and treble.

OMG, that's different from what another Hon. Member said about bass. Your take is what I in total ignorance thought. I cannot STAND hyped bass. What to do...!

What does "deliver club sound" means and what does "solid bass" mean?

Solid as opposed to muddy distorted bass.

Closed phones, as opposed to open air, generally are capable of more bass.

Might have to google urbanite.

Greg

As I am a card-carrying female, genetically programmed to prefer more treble and less bass,

I hesitate to leap before getting advice Messages on a hi-fi group are

not getting replies; TV is not "hi" fi enough for them..g

Your input appreciated.

HB