Old 26-04-2003, 12:28 PM
Jim Webster

Default UK farm profitability to jun 2002

"David G. Bell" wrote in message
.. .

There is a lot of potential for Special Circumstances. I've heard
indirect reports of more than one case where a small piece of land on

an
FBT allowed two parts of a large farm to be connected without use of

the
public highway. One instance was a livestock farmer, and the

shibboleth
of "biosecurity" was mentioned. The other was arable, and there was
expected to be a saving on vehicle insurance.

FBTs are supposed to allow for all sorts of things, for example the use
of land for non-agricultural or at least non-traditional uses. I thought
that theory was that such things as Car Boot sales, equestrian centres
etc could be built in as part of the tenancy of the farm, while still
continuing to be a farm and predominantly agricultural operation.
--
Jim Webster

"The pasture of stupidity is unwholesome to mankind"

'Abd-ar-Rahman b. Muhammad b. Khaldun al-Hadrami'