Old 13-10-2014, 09:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Another John Another John is offline

Default Shredder Recommendations

In article ,
"Peter & Jeanne" wrote:

We are looking for a good shredder which would deal with all sorts of garden
"rubbish" - i.e. tree prunings up to 2 or 3" diameter as well as softer
stuff. At the moment everything goes in the council's compost bin but I feel
we could make more use of the material if shredded.

Hubby thinks electric wouldn't be man enough so we are looking at
petrol/diesel but if we go down this route, it would need to be self-start.

Anybody got any recommendations?

No recommendations, except to say: "hubby" is absolutely right! I've had
a couple of electric shredders (current one is Bosch, so not rubbish),
and they're useless: noisy, slow, noisy-slow, and slow slow slow! I
never use mine now, and would sell it, if I had the brass-necked cheek
to palm it off on someone!

BTW: the group will be wanting details of how much, and what sort of,
garden you have, in order to assess the size of machine you need.

John