Old 13-10-2014, 03:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Michael Uplawski Michael Uplawski is offline

Default trees and brushes which resist chemicals

Good afternoon,

On Sun, 12 Oct 2014 10:01:49 +0100 (BST),
Nick Maclaren wrote:

In later years the neighbour (or a different owner) may plant some crop
where livestock are turned in to forage the leftovers; or rotate the
land use to grazing pasture which he rents out.

It depends on how much of a Clue he has. Ones that know about
the actual risk (as distinct from the hysteria) won't care.

Though you have no reason to give much importance to my statements, I
share Nick's point of view. As I am new in about everything and
everywhere, it is reassuring to be confronted in this thread with
species that appear to be downright native in this part of Normandy
(« if (m) » is “yew” is „Eibe (f)“, as we are about it).

The only real danger is if the yew is cut and left lying (because
it becomes slightly less bitter) and the stock don't have enough
good pasture or browsing.

As far as I knew chicken, they do not care much about anything and leave
behind a stony skeleton where there was green pastures weeks before.
I do not plan to leave them in the same park for such a long time, but
fear however that anything that leaves a yew, will sooner or later be
absorbed by a chicken.

So it's the bad farmers that have the
trouble - and, of course, they are the ones that blame everything
except themselves.

This could be a signature or an email-footer.

Cheerio,

Michael

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

--
Location: Lower Normandy (Orne), France
GnuPG/OpenPGP 4096R/3216CF02 2013-11-15 [expires: 2015-11-15]