Old 15-10-2014, 12:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Shredder Recommendations

Peter & Jeanne wrote:

We are looking for a good shredder which would deal with all sorts of garden
"rubbish" - i.e. tree prunings up to 2 or 3" diameter as well as softer
stuff. At the moment everything goes in the council's compost bin but I feel
we could make more use of the material if shredded.

Hubby thinks electric wouldn't be man enough so we are looking at
petrol/diesel but if we go down this route, it would need to be self-start.

Anybody got any recommendations?

That sounds more like estate management than a domestic garden.

For some time I have had, and been very pleased with, an Alko
SP5000, cog type. It has recently needed the capacitor replacing,
but that was reasonably easy and inexpensive.

It won't quite reach the diameter you mention, but how much of
that do you actually have to cope with?

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK